This charter company offers boat-based Whale Watching tours in Hermanus, and operates within the local waters of Walker Bay, one of the best whale watching areas in the world.
Its progressive and environmentally sensitive approach makes this licensed permit holder a good choice, and it operates under a motto of: ‘Observing NOT Disturbing’ – the safety and conservation of the whales and marine life is principal.
The permit entitles the boat to approach the whales up to 50m where it stops to observe. Being naturally curious, the whales normally approach the boat to observe it, too.
BOAT: The different areas of the boat offer spectacular viewing opportunities, with the side and front deck giving you an up-close-view of the whale, and the sun deck above offering a panoramic view of the entire whale.
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating throughout
- Modern ladies and gents toilets on board
- Refreshments bar on board – No alcohol is permitted on whale watching trips as per permit regulations; however the bar is licensed and fully stocked for scenic and private cruises out of whale season
- Light Refreshments included (soft drink or still water and packet of crisps)
DURATION: On average 2 hours but it can vary from 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on the traveling time to the whales, the time spent with them is the same.
- All ages welcome
- Whale specialist guide on board
- Interpreter guide (Dutch, German & French) on board
WHAT YOU CAN ENCOUNTER:
Whale Season: June – December (Peak)
Southern Right whales, Humpback and Bryde’s whales, dolphins, seal, penguins and other marine birds
Summer Whale Season: January - April
Bryde’s whales, Common and Bottlenose dolphins, seal, penguins and other marine birds
SIGHTING GUARANTEE: At the discretion of the skipper, if the tour is unsatisfactory due to no whale/dolphin sightings the guests may be offered a 50% refund or the option of joining another trip for free, based on availability.
Please enquire about rates for the Summer Whale Watching and discounted rates for groups of 10 or more. Private exclusive whale watching trips are available on request.
Return transfers from Cape Town can bearranged; please contact us for rates and availability.