This teambuilding operator was established in 2004 as an outdoor adventure educational facility and itis located on a privately owned farm, set in a pristine indigenous forest in The Crags, east of Plettenberg Bay.
It's a superb and stunning venue at an ideal location that offers comfortable accommodation and a variety of activities from teambuilding for corporates and youth camps, social events and conferences; to weddings or groups of families and friends who are looking for a pleasant base to explore the beautiful Garden Route.
Apart from what is offered on-site, Ingwe is perfectly situated right in the middle of Plettenberg Bay and
Tsitsikamma, allowing visitors to include all the fabulous options offsite, that are situated nearby in their stay.
PROGRAMMES & ACTIVITIES
Why choose Ingwe? It offers excellent value-for-money, custom-designed adventures that are set in magnificent surroundings; just something a little different, means… look no further!
The teambuilding events are developed to achieve success in you as an individual and as a team in a work, school or friendship environment. Ingwe received endorsement from the Western Cape Education Department in 2009.
All teambuilding packages include:
- Briefing and de-briefing sessions, facilitators, equipment, 2 tea breaks, slide show of pictures taken (bring a stick for your copy), certificates and of course, new friendships.
- Group size – minimum 16 to a maximum 70 people. Teams are usually about 10 to 12 people in each group.
- At least half a day is required, but programmes can be adapted dependent on numbers.
- Programmes are suitable for all fitness levels from 10 years old and up.
- Meals can be provided, or you may self-cater in the fully equipped kitchen, or have a braai at the boma area.
- If required, bandanas/team t-shirts etc can be ordered in advance. Prices on request.
Available activities and programmes include: The Ingwe Big Five
1. THE INGWE JOURNEY: A highly recommended leadership programme focused on effective teamwork and leadership. A symbolic obstacle course and intensive programme designed to create a better understanding and awareness of capabilities when challenged.
2. THE INGWE ADVENTURE TRAIL: Encompassing both theoretical and practical side of hiking giving an insight into the ecology and geology of this area. Incorporating basic first aid, survival skills and conservation principles. A fun group experience in beautiful surroundings.
3. THE INGWE EXPLORER: A fun and energetic problem solving adventure, taking full advantage of the
beautiful surroundings and promising a stimulating day. Teambuilding with a difference!
4. THE INGWE ECO WARRIORS: Hands-on day in the forest and surrounding area. Get involved and focused on what WE can do to help save the planet. A day packed with activities! You will also plant a tree to support the local NPO "The Green Ticket".
5. THE INGWE ADVENTURERS: In collaboration with Nature’s Valley Trust, hike from the top of Nature’s Pass through fynbos and indigenous forest to Salt River mouth or Groot River lagoon. Take part in a scavenger hunt, explore rocky shores and participate in a beach and lagoon programme enroute.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES
Exclusive use of the venue is offered to groups and both catered and self-catering options are available. If you choose to, you may even run your own camp, workshop and activities yourselves at this spectacular
- A large wooden barn-style Lodge with tables and benches seating 80 comfortably
- Lounge area and massive fireplace
- Covered deck area and a wraparound deck, elevated to overlook the forested valleys, plus boma/braai area
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Sports field
- Swimming pool
- Circular walking trail
- Natural clearing in the indigenous forest, an ideal wedding ceremony area or as an outdoor classroom or meeting area – beautiful and peaceful…
Accommodation from 2 up to 80 people in 5 charming wooden cabins overlooking the forest.
Dormitory style rooms:
Two Cabins "Honeybadger" and "Bushbuck" (#1 & 2): 3 rooms each (sleeping a total of 26 persons): Chunky and solid bunk beds, sheets provided, central ablution block with showers. The main lodge area is used for catering & workshop facilities.
"Forest Cottage" (#3): 7 bedrooms (sleeping a total of 14 persons): Right in the middle of the indigenous forest; all rooms lead onto a wooden deck, 2 bathrooms with showers, a comfy lounge, dining area and kitchen. Private braai area and perfect for those that love the sounds and feeling of the forest.
"Tree House" (#4): 2 bedrooms en-suite (sleeping a total of 6 persons): A beautifully appointed cabin with the most stunning views from the deck, lounge and main bedroom. The main bedroom has twin beds and the other has 2 bunk beds. Spacious lounge and dining area with fireplace and fully equipped kitchen. Private garden and braai area.
"Olive Tree Cottage" (#5): 1 bedroom (sleeping 2 persons): A real cosy gem with fabulous views. Double bed, bathroom with shower and open plan kitchen and lounge leading onto a deck to overlook the valley. Private garden and braai area.
Rates start from R140 per person per night for accommodation and activities from R180 per person. Please get in touch for a personalised quote.
A bit about the property
This protected area boasts a stunning combination of fynbos, forest, pastures and wetlands for the introduced Impala to safely roam in and for you to explore! About 100 hectares of the property that is not fenced has been identified as the Crags corridor section of the Eden to Addo initiative and has a healthy activity of caracal, bushpig, genet, bushbuck, duiker & monkeys just to name a few… Motion cameras have been placed at strategic points to track animal movement.
The owners are actively participating to allow the indigenous flora to grow back, through alien vegetation removal and reforestation of indigenous plants in various areas. Ingwe has been developed to provide interaction between animals, plants and people through various life experiences that are offered here.